Best Betting Sites
There are hundreds of online sports betting sites. Finding the best sites is a hard task. Reading reviews before depositing is always a good idea.
Why we created Best Betting Sites? Our experience in the gambling industry helps us to compile this list. The recommended bookmakers in this page are the best choices, for new and experienced players. We will not go into unimportant details wasting your time but rather list the most important about these companies. All of the reviews are of solid bookmakers, operating online for long time and being used by millions of bettors. One of the most important things when choosing a betting site is to stick to well known bookmakers. They are being regulated by independent commissions and have strict rules to follow. You also don't need to switch to different accounts to play sports betting, poker or casino games (all operating from the same site).
Bet365 is our top choice bookmaker. The company has a solid experience in the online gambling world, it has operated online for many years and it quickly grew into the biggest online bookmaker and now they accept the bets of millions of people around the world. The company is based in the United Kingdom.
Why we chose bet365 as our top pick?
- Really big variety of sports, there is no sport which is not covered. There are also endless betting options. Half time/Full Time, half time correct score, asian handicap, corners race, number of cards, draw no bet, last team to score and many more.
- Live betting is the king here, you can bet on in play matches from many sports.
- The design of the website is good, mobile friendly. It is easy to use for novice bettors.
- Variety of payment options, depending on your country.
- If you are a fan of casino games, bet365 also has one of the best casinos online. You can hit it when there aren't interesting sport events
- Bet365 has a live streaming feature, watch and bet at the same time. Other bookmakers also have this feature, but at Bet365 you don't need to open a new window, there are also live statistics available.
- You can get a good deposit bonus, depending on your country, check it out at Bet365.
Betfair is the best betting exchange. The company was founded in 2000 and its headquarters are located in London. The special thing about Befair is that bets are exchanged between people, not between user-bookie like the normal bookmakers. The betting exchange charges small commission on winning bets to make profit. The more you bet, the less this commission is going to be. Strongly suggested to people who bet big, there are no limits. Reasons why you might want to use Betfair:
- The best odds you will find online. Especially if you like to bet on underdogs.
- Back and Lay buttons, back meaning you back your selection. Lay meaning you bet against it. Example - I back a draw in the match Manchester United - Leeds. I win my bet if the match ends draw. If I lay the draw I win my bet if the match doesn't finish draw.
- Live betting is also covered very well at Betfair.
- There is also normal bookmaker which you can use with the same account, its your choice if you want to use the exchange or the bookmaker, or both.
- Payment options include: credit/debit cards, bank transfers, neteller, skrill, paypal(not available for all countries), web money and paysafecard and more.
- Good casino and poker, available with the same Betfair account.
- Good live streaming service, which you are able to watch in full screen. Mainly football, tennis, horseracing and greyhounds are streamed.
Intertops is the first online bookmaker, it has been online since 1996. They accept US and Canadian players. It is one of the few sites where americans can bet online. Reasons why you might want to place your bets at Intertops:
- When you go to the Intertops bookmaker page you will find menu called "Special Offers". Take a look, usually there are big deposit bonuses. Up to 200$ on first deposit and the really special up to 1000$ for US and Canadian players(Only for bitcoin deposits). These are by far the best deposit options for reputable online bookmaker. There are also other promotional activities - Refer a friend and get a part of their first deposit, parlay free bets and etc. If you are a bonus hunter Intertops is the best recommendation for you from Best Betting Sites.
- Trust the first, the longevity of Intertops is unmatched in the online sports betting world.
- Fast payments, my withdrawals were always as fast as possible. There are also so many withdrawal options, even for US players.
- The interface of the website was renovated(a lot of people complained in the past it looked outdated) and now its very modern. The site is easy to navigate, bets are easy to find.
- There are 2 casinos available at Intertops, casino red which is the newer one, and casino classic. There is also poker room available.
- There is user to user transfer, you can send a small amount to your friends if they run out of money or vice versa.
Bodog sports is a solid bookmaker well known around the world, it accepts US players through their sister website - Bovada(only US players accepted at this site). They have lots of bets for NFL football and NCAA basketball.
- The mobile betting is very easy to use, you are not required to download app, their website is android and iphone compatible.
- Strong in play betting, bet on things like - the next batter striking out, getting a hit or taking a walk.
- One thing which I like and is unique to this bookmaker is the information they provide. You can read free statistical analysis in the matchup and preview section.
- Strong casino and poker sections, spice it up a bit by playing blackjack, roulette or even Fishing game lol.
- Payment options include the usual credit/debit card, pre paid cards, Western Union, bank transfers and cheques. And now even bitcoin.
- Good bonuses, check it out at their website.
Reviews of the Best Betting Sites
Not all betting sites are created equal. By reading our reviews you will be able to decide which website is the best for you. The most important thing when choosing a betting site is to stick to well-known ones. Don't jump into newly opened bookmakers, they might be good, but it's not worth the risk. The account opening bonuses are not so important, you are going to use that site for long time. A 20$ free bet is nothing, compared to solid bookmaker who will always pay on time your winnings and good customer service, ready to answer your questions.
Bookmakers security practices
All bookmakers use Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure, or in short HTTPS, all self-respecting websites should use this protocol, but especially betting sites. All of the data your browser sends and receives is encrypted, which ups the security. All of the secure bookmakers will ask you to give id card, passport or driving license scan. This is to make sure someone is not using a fake name and money from stolen credit card. Sometimes utility bill to prove your address is also required.
The bonuses and free bets in online gambling websites
Why the bookmakers give free bonuses? The answer is to get new customers, people are usually attracted by free bets. I do not think that you should pick a betting site because they give good free bet. Don't understand me wrong, all the bookmakers give free bets, but the most important is to choose a secure and safe bookmaker.
Anyway, back to the point - when you receive a bonus from bookmaker or casino you are required to wager that amount few times before you can withdraw. You can read how much you need to wager in the terms and conditions when accepting free bet. For example, I receive 20$ free bet and the wagering requirement is 5x times. It means I need to make 5x20=100$ total bets before I am able to withdraw.
Safe and Responsible gambling
When betting online you need to be self responsible. Do NOT bet what you can't afford to lose. Manage to do this and you will spare yourself gambling problems. You can put a limit on your account on how much you can bet per month. Doing so will stop you from spending enormous amounts.
Are all online gambling sites fair?
The answer to this question is definitely No! There are some betting sites which are not regulated well and you may end up getting tricked. Sticking to trusted and well-known bookmakers will guarantee you no problems. If you are unsure about something you can always ask at one of the best betting forums online. We have linked them up in the top menu.
What is the minimum bet online?
In most of the sites it's 1$ or the equivalent in your currency. Another question is how much can you bet maximum online, in most of the cases there is no limit, but Betfair is the true king of no limits. Because of its status of betting exchange, you don't bet vs the bookmaker, but vs other people. The odds are also better than in a traditional bookmaker. There are some markets where astronomical amounts of funds are bet.
What are prop bets?
Prop bets are very different compared to the normal bets. Usually they are pure luck. Like which team will make the first foul. Which team will get the first corner.
What winning rate will elevate you to being profitable from sports betting? Anything over 50% is good, but if can manage to make over 55% in the long run you will be able to win money. If you are betting few euros per bet, it will take long time until you have solid winnings, but if you have big cojones and bet amounts over 5000 euro or even more, you will be already profiting big money. This leads to the next question.
Can you quit your job
Even if you are successful for few months, it's a big risk to put all eggs in one basket. Even if you are making thousands, sports betting is risky sport and one day you may pay the price for quitting that job.
Having multiple betting site accounts
This is a good choice, because you are able to take a look at the odds at multiple sites and decide where it's in your best interest to place your bet. Sometimes the odds differ throughout different bookmakers. They also have different kind of bets. Some type of bets will better suited to your strategy.
What types of sports can I bet on?
The most popular ones are: Football, american football, tennis, golf, basketball, cricket, handball, baseball, winter sports, olympic sports, horse racing, greyhounds, motor sports, snooker, hockey futures, Aussie rules, boxing and other fights, politics and even e-sports. I may have missed some due to the large list.
No Deposit Bonus
A no deposit bonus is a bonus which you can get without depositing. Do not think that you can easily withdraw it, usually this type of bonuses have wagering requirements which are too high. I don't like this type of bonuses. It is usually just a way for the bookmakers to get new players.
Best Betting sites for Football and Tennis
Hands down it comes to Bet365 and Betfair. They have the largest selection of bets for the most popular sports. The live betting in these sites is world-class, there are so much selections that you will end up wondering what to bet on. The live streaming is also good as we already mentioned in the reviews. Betfair also has a cash out button which allows you to cash out winnings before the match has actually finished!
How long does a withdrawal take?
How long a withdrawal will take depends on your withdrawal method. Usually the best betting sites process withdrawals on working days. A withdrawal to internet wallet is going to be fast, from 1 hour to 1-2 days usually. A withdrawal to bank account or debit card takes usually few days to complete.
In the end
We wish you good luck and remember to always bet smart.